Trini G.R.I.T.S & The City

>> Friday, July 6


Welcome all to Trini G.R.I.T.S. This all about me, a Trini-American Girl Raised IThe South living and loving in Atlanta, GA. I welcome you into my world and I hope you feel at home. I'm from the low country of South Carolina trying to make Atlanta my home. Here is just a little about me.....

I am the girl you love to hate but hate not to have as a friend. I am the girl you want to love but the one your mama also warned you about. I am the one you can't live with but cannot live without. I can be as sweet as you want let me be, or crazy as you act up. I mirror the attitudes people project to me, so if you don't like me you probably don't like yourself. But then again if I were you I would hate me too.

I am the consummate URBAN domestic goddess (Look out B. Smith, Sandra Lee and Martha Stewart) who can do it all from cooking Curry and an eight-course gourmet meal to repairing walls and laying tile. I am a slave no longer to Corporate America. I now currently work in the more creative and passionate field of event and floral design. Who knew work could be so much fun?

I am a runway fashion show fanatic, Amazing Race zealot (if only I had a partner...), gospel, soca (especially Destra), old school r&b loving chick with touches of classical music for drama (If you've never listened to Nessun Dorma or Con te Partiro you have no idea what you are missing) and everything in between. I truly believe you can't wrong with a string of pearls and diamond studs. I love all things vintage from 20's to the 60's. I am flea market deal hunter and farmer's market junkie. 

I am the ultimate explorer who loves to travel, shop, and conquer. I LOVE musical theater and performing. I love painting and reading books. I read everything from Zane's The Heat Seekers to The 48 Laws of Power and everything in between. 

I like being courted, romanced and treated well. Any man who deals with me must bring more to the table than silverware and a healthy appetite and he should expect the same of me. I believe the 11th commandment should be 'Thou shalt not act cute when it comes to food'. I love food and I'm not afraid to eat it either. I hate being asked what my favorite color is because it changes depending on what day you ask me, mostly I rock with the purple - color of royalty. I love all things colorful and I am such a huge fan of change. So while you're still deciding on what to do next I have already made moves.

I feel I have the best of both worlds Born in the north, raised in the south and instilled with strong Caribbean values. I have a good Trini upbringing (Mom is from Trinidad & Tobago) and strong southern roots with a culture all it's own (Dad is from the low country of South Carolina). I'm a 27 year old divalicious (friend's word not mine - he thought it suited me) -social butterfly with real hair, real nails and a real booty that can even make Beyonce or Jennifer Lopez blush (I don't think you're ready for this.... -Yeah, I said it!). Don't believe -Do you want to test my wine? I DARE YOU (for all the Destra fans).

Most Importantly, I am truly a Child of God. We talk to each other, have long walks together and have tea every afternoon at 3 (no lie, folks). In the words of James Cleveland I truly find daily inspiration:

God is my protection.
God is my all in all.
God is my guide and direction.
God is my all in all.

God is my joy in time of sorrow.
God is my all in all.
God is my today and tomorrow.
God is my all in all.

God is the joy and the strength of my life,
He moves all pain, misery, and strife.
He promised to keep me, never to leave me.
He's never ever come short of His word.
I've got to fast and pray, stay in His narrow way,
I've got to keep my life clean everyday;
I want to go with Him when He comes back,
I've come to far and I'll never turn back.

GOD IS MY ALL IN ALL

I welcome you to the many adventures of TriniG.R.I.T.S. and I can't wait to see what the world unfolds.

0 comments:

Search Trini GRITS

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP