We Miss You Teddy P

>> Friday, January 15

We all know that I am an old school girl all the way. I fall in love when I hear the smooth stylings of Jerry Butler, I get excited when I hear the funk of George Clinton and when I hear the voice of Al Green... this is a family blog, a family blog I tell you - . Chalk up my love affair with old school music to my family aka The Von Trapp Family Singers (I kid, I kid) who bust into song at random moments and most often don't know the correct words to the song they are singing and create their own remix (ahem, daddy step away from the microphone). This is off topic but seriously, why must the Von Trapp's always insist my brother and I sing together? Mommy, we are not Bebe and Cece Winans! It was great when we were younger but we are too big for that now.

I was saddened to hear of the passing of one my mom's favorite singers and mine as well - Mr. Teddy Pendergrass. He was one of a kind and will deeply missed. Our lives were touched by his voice, his words and his music. They simply don't make music like this anymore. In memory of Teddy P, here is one of my favorite songs:

My Latest, Greatest Inspiration




0 comments:

Search Trini GRITS

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP