Absence Definitely Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

>> Friday, February 26

"Absence weakens mediocre passions and increases great ones, as the wind blows out candles and kindles fires." ~Francois de La Rouchefoucauld


I am soooooo missing BD this week. He is working very hard and I am so proud of him. He has been so sweet to call me after his shift so we can talk - thank you BD, I love hearing your voice. I must say, those calls are the highlights of my day and I wait for them so I can go to bed peacefully thinking of him. I know that there will be times when he can't call and I understand, because he'll be working a case, but for now it's all good in the hood.

BD and I have had days and even a week pass in the recent past where we had not spoken to or seen each other before, but I don't know, this week, I'm just really missing him and really want to physically be in his presence. I just want to hug and kiss him, that's all. I LOVE his hugs and kisses, they make a bad day not seem so bad, and I'm hurting for those hugs right now (it has been a loooonnng week). Even though we live about twenty minutes away from each other (if you've ever been caught in Atlanta traffic, then you know that's more like an hour) our schedules are no longer the same, because he's working evenings now. Even though my schedule is flexible because I'm always out and about during the day, I could see him before he goes to work, but I would rather have him resting during that time before he has to go in. I have work, hobbies and this blog to keep me occupied but my mind does tend to wander to thoughts of him often throughout the day, especially at night when he's at work and I'm at home. I'm not fond of our time apart but I do feel that it helps, so that when we do get a chance to see each other, we will appreciate each moment just that much more. I make it sound like he's on the other side of the world. LOL. 

I'm not sure I could ever be a military spouse/ significant other, I would be dying right now. I have so much respect for them, kudos to you all, because it takes a special person to handle the pressure of that lifestyle without it being too much of a strain on a relationship. 

Instead of whining about how hate BD's new schedule, I'm going to put on my "big girl face" and show him how much I care and support him, every opportunity I get to be with him. I'm choosing to just live in those moments when we are together  and not worry about the rest. I may have to start bringing him dinner so I can see him. We'll figure it out, once he gets the hang of things and gets a system going. Right now, I'm just going to keep it easy, breezy give him some time/space and just enjoy my life, my girls and do what I do best - be me and secretly have a big boo hoo cry every once in awhile because I miss my BD. Shhhh!! Don't tell him that last part, he'll be upset about the crying. We'll just keep that our secret. C'est La Vie!     
"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul."
~Judy Garland

0 comments:

Search Trini GRITS

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP