Getting To know Trini GRITS

>> Saturday, February 13

Getting to know you, Getting to know all about you.
Getting to like you, Getting to hope you like me.

Getting to know you, Putting it my way,
But nicely, You are precisely, My cup of tea.
~ Getting To Know You from The King and I


When is your birthday? December 15th


Where were you born? New York
What is your favorite color? I Like bright colors and jewel tones but my main favorite color is Royal Purple 
What is your favorite food? I love italian food but I prefer anything seafood 
Where is your favorite place to go? Trinidad and Tobago, of course
What are your favorite scents? I love the smell of gardenias, magnolias, jasmine and cherry blossoms
What is your favorite poem?  I like too many to name but here's one of my favorites, Ego Tripping by Nikki Giovanni







What is your favorite movie? Very hard to pick since I am such a movie buff (I Love The Classics), here's some of my favorites: Claudine, Nothing But A Man, Mahogany, Lady Sings The Blues, The Wiz, Anything musical, especially Rodgers and Hammerstein. 







What is your favorite song? Also very hard to pick, so I'll just list a variety of my favorites: The Art of Love by Guy Sebastian, Total Praise by Richard Smallwood, Make Me Whole by Amel Larrieaux, Come Rain or Come Shine by Etta James, The Makings Of You by Gladys Knight & The Pips, I Hope You Dance by LeAnn Womack, Home by Michael Buble, God Bless The Broken Road by Rascall Flatts
What are your favorite website? www.faycullen.com, www.signals.com, www.caroletannenbaum.com and www.coutureallure.com
What is your favorite perfume?  Issey Miyake  and Vera Wang Truly Pink
What is your favorite gift to receive? Anything Antique or Vintage 
What is your favorite style of clothing? I love vintage dresses and gowns from the 40's, 50's and 60's. I'm very tailored and sophisticated in the way I choose to dress. I like to keep things stylish but simple; elegant but comfortable. I love the classics and I feel you can't go wrong with a simple black dress, a string of pearls and diamond studs.







What are your favorite stores? Z Gallerie, Crate and Barrel, Williams Sonoma
What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
What is your favorite season? Fall
What are your favorite flowers? Being that I'm a floral designer it's kind of hard to choose but, I do have my favorites. Casablanca Lilies, Stargazer Lilies, Hydrangeas, Calla Lilies, Peonies, Peonies and Peonies
What is your favorite television show? The Amazing Race (If I had a partner who would do it with me, I would so be on this show)
What kind of music do you like? I listen to all kinds of music from old school and contemporary r&b, pop, reggae/soca, rock, blues, jazz and even country. Music is the sountrack of a person's life. If my life had a sountrack it would be #1 on the charts. 







What's your favorite restaurant? California Dreaming in Charleston, SC because of the great food but mostly the gorgeous views of the harbor.
What are you reading right now? Rhett Butler's People by Donald McCaig
Are you a morning or a night person? Call me early in the morning and you can find out personally whether I'm a morning or a night person.







Do you Collect Anything? Vintage/ Antique Furniture, Jewelry and Clothes
Do you have any secrets? Are you willing to reveal one? I do have secrets. If I reveal one then it wouldn't be a secret anymore, now would it?







What's your dream job?  My dream job is to own and run a successful, highly visible event design company. 
Do you prefer cold or hot? Why? I prefer warm. I don't like to be cold and I definitely don't like to be too hot.
What is your biggest pet peeve? Disorganization and tardiness
What is your favorite childhood memory? Going to Disney World every year, especially when we traveled there on Christmas mornings for the Disney Holiday Parade
What things do you feel passionate about? I'm passionate about God, love, life, and people
What is your idea of a perfect date? My idea of the perfect date is real simple. Just spending quality with someone and just enjoying their company. Whatever we do is going to be fun as long as we are together. 
What is your favorite romantic gesture? Holding hands. Don't ask me why  but there is something when a man takes me by the hand that just says 'I love being with you'.
Do you have children? Do you want children? How many? Boy or Girl? Would you adopt if you found out you were not able to have children? No, I don't have kids but I do want kids. I want at least 1 , maybe 2. As long as they have 10 toes and 10 fingers and are healthy I don't care. I would adopt.
What is your idea of a dream house? A home where God is ever present, filled with love, laughter, joy, peace and music
What is your idea of a dream vacation? My dream vacation would be a Transatlantic cruise aboard the Queen Mary 2 or A month long trip exploring Greece
Share five things you want to accomplish or do in the next few years. I'm simple, I want to: Start my business, Get married, Start a family, Write a book, and Create a charitable organization  
What is the best relationship advice that you have ever gotten? Both of my grandmothers gave me great relationship advice. Grandma B told me that if a man loves you, you don't need to do any coaxing or prodding, he will move heaven and earth to be in your presence, just so you will know it and feel it. Grandma T told me that I should test and be happy with "my package" before I leave the store because there is no return policy to get your money back or store credit. Great advice from 2 very wise women. 
Do you think you would prefer a calm, loving, consistent marriage or one that was full of excitement, wild times and rocky patches? Can't I have both? I know marriage is never perfect and there will always be ups and downs. However, it's the consistent and steadfast love that allows couples to weather the storms. So, I would want a loving, full of excitement, wild times but consistent marriage with rough patches to remind us that we are stronger than the bad times when we look back at how we overcame them. 
What does family mean to you? Family means everything to me. I would not be who I am, if were not for them. They give meaning to my existence.
If you had to pick a different city and/or country to live in and proximity to family and friends didn't matter, which city would it be? Anywhere that I can live where I have a view of the ocean outside my window.
What is a secret dream of yours? A secret dream of mine is to perform in a broadway show.
Do you prefer receiving expensive gifts or ones that come from the heart? Definitely, ones that come from the heart. Nothing beats a gift that is sincere and heartfelt.
What type of man are you attracted to? I'm attracted to any man that can handle my craziness, especially one with a sense of humor. A man is going to need a sense of humor, not to make me laugh, but for his own sanity just to deal with all that is me on a regular basis.
How do you feel about surprises? I LOVE surprises, especially really GREAT surprises, but it's hard for anyone to surprise me I usually figure stuff out. 





0 comments:

Search Trini GRITS

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP