I Am A Proud and Happy Woman Today

>> Tuesday, February 23


I am a very proud and happy woman today, it's BD's first day as Detective. Yeah!!!! I am so happy for him and I know that he is going to do very well. I don't know how we'll work out his new schedule and my schedule, but we'll figure it out, I hope so (keeping my fingers and toes crossed). I am so excited and happy for him. He is very good cop and I know that he'll be a great detective. On Friday, as a congratulations and good luck gift, I presented him with silver monogrammed cufflinks in an engraved silver box (it had Detective "First and Last Name" etched on top) from Things Remembered. I just wanted him to have a keepsake so that he will remember this moment in his life and career. I just wanted to give him something to show him how proud I was of him and how much I love him. He wasn't expecting it and I think he was shocked by my gesture. Wear them in good health, honey. You deserve it.



By the way, BD, I have some other things in store for you for your new position, but I'll just randomly surprise you out of the blue, so keep your eyes open....... you never know when your next gift is coming.

To my surprise, I wasn't the only one who had a gift to give. BD, had a gift for me too. I thought he was joking at first because I wasn't expecting anything. I had not done a single solitary thing to deserve a gift, so I was very shocked. Shocked and completely blown away. BD tells me he has to go get it so, he leaves the room and comes back with a shiny gold Kay Jewelers bag. I love shiny gold bags. I can't even begin to tell you how I felt holding the bag, JUST simply holding the bag. I didn't even know what was in it, but I knew that I loved whatever it was because he took the time to think of me. It could have just been the bag and I would have been happy. 

I opened the bag stuffed with black tissue paper and inside was a white box holding inside of it a black velvet box inside. Grandma Trini says, that great things come in velvet boxes and she clearly was telling the truth. Once I opened the velvet box, and saw what was inside, I had to refrain from crying because 1. I wasn't wearing waterproof mascara, didn't want to look crazy and 2. it was just so beautiful. BD gave me a beautiful and stunning toggle bracelet with a diamond and open scroll back dangling heart charm. On the count of 1, 2, 3...... all together, ladies - Awwwwwwwwwww!!!!! I am absolutely in love with BD, not for the gift, but for just simply thinking enough of me to do this. What impressed me the most, is that he paid attention to jewelry that I already own and wear everyday and it all looks beautiful worn together.

I keep hearing and singing the "Something Good" song from The Sound of Music in my head. It's the scene where Maria and the captain tell each other they love each other and explain the when, why and how's of their love. In that moment they sing Something Good together. I couldn't help but sing it all weekend and I'm still singing it now.

Perhaps I had a wicked childhood 
Perhaps I had a miserable youth 
But somewhere in my wicked, miserable past 
There must have been a moment of truth 

For here you are, standing there, loving me 
Whether or not you should 
So somewhere in my youth or childhood 
I must have done something good 

Nothing comes from nothing 
Nothing ever could 
So somewhere in my youth or childhood 
I must have done something good 

I have no idea what I did to deserve him but I'm glad I did it. I tried taking a photo of the bracelet but they didn't turn out great so, I snagged these off the internet. Let's all admire the glory of my special gift:

You all can stop reading now......the rest is for BD only!


BD,

I have known you only a short while, but in that time your love has brought me such happiness. Happiness, I haven't felt in a long time. Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control. I am sitting here, holding back tears of joy, just thinking of how wonderful you are. I am so blessed to just know you and have you in my life. Thank you for giving me you. Thank you for coming into my life and showing me that there are still good men in the world, that still treat woman with respect and like the ladies that they are. You may not be perfect but neither am I, and that's the beauty of what this is - we are two people who embrace  our flaws and appreciate what makes us individually great. In your arms I feel so warm and safe. You are so funny and you make me laugh at all the crazy stuff we talk about, and no one will ever understand but us. My heart skips a beat every time you look at me and has reached a whole new level of love and I owe it all to you. Thank you for being so wonderful in every way. I just hope that the love I give to you is enough for what you have done to and for me. No matter what happens in our lives, I know that you made my life so much better and I will be your friend forever. Good Luck today. I know that you will look great. In case they don't already know or can't see what I see in you, go, show them who the "Man" is. You're the King, baby. I love you.
~Renee




0 comments:

Search Trini GRITS

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP